Can I apply for an Eb-5 visa if I am currently out-of-status (i.e., I am in USA, but do not have a legal visa)?

You can still petition for EB-5 investment immigration. However once it is approved, you must use consular processing to adjust your status. This means you will need to return to your home country to wait for consular processing of an approved EB-5 petition.